Updates from the AMH council to practitioners
02 June 2020
We advise that you can open up your businesses from 15 June 2020
- Please follow the guidance as stipulated by government Following the 5 steps to working safety
- Further detailed information can be found here too Taking into consideration the infection, protection control guidance
- Be aware of what to do if you come into contact with someone with suspected coronavirus
- Keep up to date with regular government guidance
- If you offer massage as an additional service these services are scheduled to open after 4 July
There are some webinars to support practitioners which are posted on the AMH website. Replays are available by logging into the AMH website.
Undertaking Telephone or Video Consultations
We recommend following safe practices when undertaking telephone or video consultations. The AMH have produced a guidance document to help members conduct such consultations safely and effectively. A joint statement published by several healthcare regulators in November 2019 offers some good practice guidance on conducting remote consultations and on medical prescribing. Whilst the latter is not relevant the principles of prescribing are worth considering.
Registration Fees for 2020
Amendments to the registration fee for 2020 to offer a reduced rate has been implemented for full practitioner members.
Due to the difficulties around coronavirus and the lockdown, future CPD submissions, for the time being, have been put on hold.
Please check your insurance policy with Balens for any out of work allowances and any changes to your policy information here
The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) is providing small businesses with regular business updates here
You may be eligible for grants and business loans please check here
Government Guidance and Support Information
Government is regularly updating its information and guidance for professionals and the public. Recommend staying up to date following the links below.
Department of Health and Social Care
5 steps to working safely
Getting in touch
If you have any queries please contact Shelley Day, general secretary via email: firstname.lastname@example.org